One of my creative goals this year is to use more colors, more different mediums .. to not be afraid I could ruin my project! So this weekend I started with finally using my watercolors, that were laying around for some time now. And is there a better subject to scrap about when it comes to bright colors and fun than creativity? Well - that's what I did. Being able to be creative is really important to me, and I am thankful that I can have my me-time. Sometimes more, sometimes less, but I can have it. That's wonderful!
As I also wanted to create a layout without a picture in it for some time now, and it seemed a great fit for this theme, the result is quite unusual for me. But that's why I love it.
I started by combining and stamping different words and phrases from this month's Citrus Twist Kit on watercolor paper and embossed them with white embossing powder. I did this, because I didn't want the watercolors to cover up the stamps and the embossed words stay white this way.
Then I played around with my watercolors, first coral, then yellow, then green and so on. I used quite a bit of water because I wanted the color to blend and to create a typical watercolor look.
Then I added the frame and started to fill it up. I do have a hard time to use up all the embellishments that come with ephemera and/or embellishment packs. So I decided to use a lot of them on this layout. I used the flowers (so not typical for me!), pinks ... I really stepped outside my comfort zone. That was so so fun! I also did use some medium and a stencil from my stash like I do quite often.
At the end I couldn't resist to add some sequins, enamel dots and paint splatters, just to make it feel a bit more me again. ;)
I would have never thought that I'd have so much fun stepping out of my comfort zone. It was worth it. :)
Thanks for stopping by and have a wonderful Sunday!




You are my new favorite!!!
AntwortenLöschenWow ! The watercolor blended background is perfect !!
AntwortenLöschen